Soon, the much-awaited blockbuster game The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom will officially launch. This is the 19th official version of the legendary game series The Legend of Zelda.
Here, we invite you to take a look at the development as well as the glorious history of this game series:
1. The Legend of Zelda (1986) – On NES
2. The Adventure of Link (1987) – On NES
3. A Link to the Past (1991) – On SNES
4. Link’s Awakening (1993) – On Game Boy and remake on Nintendo Switch in 2019
5. Ocarina of Time (1998) – On Nintendo 64 and remake on Nintendo 3DS in 2011
6. Majora’s Mask (2000) – On Nintendo 64 and remake on Nintendo 3DS in 2015
7. Oracle of Seasons and Oracle of Ages (2001) – On Game Boy Color
8. Four Swords (2002) – On Game Boy Advance
9. The Wind Waker (2002) – On GameCube
10. Four Swords Adventures (2004) – On GameCube
11. The Minish Cap (2004) – On Game Boy Advance
12. Twilight Princess (2006) – On Wii and GameCube
13. Phantom Hourglass (2007) – On Nintendo DS
14. Spirit Tracks (2009) – On Nintendo DS
15. Skyward Sword (2011) – On Wii and Remade on Nintendo Switch in 2021
16. A Link Between Worlds (2013) – On Nintendo 3DS
17. Tri Force Heroes (2015) – On Nintendo 3DS
18. Breath of the Wild (2017) – On Nintendo Switch and Wii U
Following the nearly 30-year history of The Legend of Zelda, Tears of the Kingdom will be the latest installment in the series. The game will be officially released on May 12.
In Tears of the Kingdom, players will transform into Link – a brave guy looking to save Zelda and find peace for the Hyrule Kingdom. To do that, Link must overcome many challenges, solve difficult puzzles, and search for fragments of the Triforce – a legendary artifact said to have unparalleled power.
Tears of the Kingdom possesses a vast world, consisting of different lands such as mountains, forests, swamps and deserts. Each area has unique locations, different monsters, and secrets waiting for Link to discover. Moreover, the game also allows players to freely adjust equipment and weapons for their characters, creating many different strategies to defeat the enemy.
The most notable highlight of Tears of the Kingdom is the tearful plot and complicated plot. It tells the story of a divided world, with tribes and nations fighting for power and resources. The game’s characters all have complicated relationships, and players will have to decide who they should help and face the consequences of those decisions.