The third season of the Kimetsu no Yaiba anime is currently airing, but the series has received particular criticism from viewers. This criticism is not due to the poor quality of the animation, but to the audience feeling that the story has stalled since the most recent episodes.
The fourth episode of the third season of Kimetsu no Yaiba was broadcast on April 30. The quality of the animation is still receiving a lot of praise, but on social media, comments have begun to appear that the pacing of the story is very bad.
At the Blacksmith’s Village, the Pillar Tokito Muichiro rescued Kotetsu, a boy who was being attacked by demons. At the same time, Kamado Tanjiro was fighting an essence of the High Profound Demon, he discovered the enemy’s weak point. On the other hand, Kamado Nezuko and Shinazugawa Genya are also having their own match against other teams.
Witnessing this development, one audience commented that: “The fourth episode shows the battles taking place in different places, and the fight scenes serve as the development of the story. Of course, the animation quality is still stable. Only a pity, there is Perhaps due to the constant switching between each battle, the overall impression is that the story doesn’t progress very well.In fact, this episode covers chapters 108 to mid 110 of the original manga. the previous episode has grown from episode 105 to mid episode 108, meaning the story has stuck around for about an episode.”
It seems that some viewers are not satisfied with the story progression of the Kimetsu no Yaiba season 3 anime which seems rather stagnant. A lot of negative feedback about the length of the episode:
– Kimetsu no Yaiba lasted too long. Every line, every movement of the characters, everything is interspersed with strangely long pauses, and the fight scenes are slow.
– The animation is so good that I feel like I’m watching a movie, but the pacing of the story is lousy.
– Kimetsu no Yaiba’s rhythm is as bad as One Piece or Naruto when the author is not inspired.
– The pacing of the story isn’t very good, I think it’s a rather slow start. The development of the second season is very fast and I think that’s why it’s better.
– The pacing is really bad in this third season. Animation is always divine, but even something pretty can make you sleepy.
Obviously, there have been many comments criticizing the movie’s bad pacing, but that’s probably partly due to the audience’s high expectations for the Kimetsu no Yaiba anime. For example, ordinary things that don’t bother the viewer, in the case of Kimetsu no Yaiba, attract attention, because this work is so popular.
In particular, the plot of the Blacksmith’s Village begins with battles from the very first episode, and this battle becomes more and more intense as the story progresses, so a slight stagnation in the story is inevitable. I know it is, but if the pacing of the story doesn’t pick up speed any more soon, viewership could continue to drop until it “gets interesting”.