A few months ago, we heard rumors about OpenAI developing a dedicated ChatGPT application for mobile users. Fortunately, that’s no longer a rumor because the ChatGPT app for iPhone has just been officially introduced and it’s completely free. However, for now only users in the US can download and experience the app, before Google expands to other countries “in the next few weeks”.
It’s also important to note that while ChatGPT is a free iOS app, you’ll need a Plus subscription to benefit from GPT-4’s capabilities. As is the case with ChatGPT on the web, Plus subscribers will also get access to new features sooner than regular users, along with the ability to sync history across devices. In short, users of ChatGPT on iPhone will get the same experience as on the web.
Basically, ChatGPT for iPhone will have the following features:
– Instant answers: Get accurate information without sifting through ads or multiple results.
– Give the right advice: Look for cooking guides, travel plans, or write thoughtful messages.
– Inspire creativity: Come up with an idea, sketch a presentation or even write a poem.
– Professional input: Boost productivity with idea feedback, note summaries, and technical topic support.
– Learning opportunities: Explore new languages, modern history, and more.
In the past, OpenAI had no plans to launch a ChatGPT mobile app, but the tool’s incredible popularity is the reason the company is “turning the wheel”. Besides the iPhone, the ChatGPT app will also be available to Android users soon in the next few months.